Welcome to the new HPRGA website.
Many new features have been added, we hope that you find them useful.
Some of the features include:
- adding social share buttons to posts and events (for Facebook, Twitter and Google+) so that users can easily share content
- an Events calendar with categories for ‘show’, ‘working’ and ‘other’ events. Events can also be viewed as a list, or by month or day
- the ability to display Event closing dates on Events and to highlight if entries are needed (useful for Trials)
- a list of Past Events is also available, with Events highlighted if results have been added. A Results page has also been added to help find results.
- the ability to add Google maps to events if required, see e.g. the AGM Event
- displaying Facebook posts on the ‘News’ page to create a greater link between HPRGA Facebook Page and the HPRGA website
- the ability to add images galleries of photos from Events to the their respective results or to add a completely separate photo gallery page. See About the HPRGA for an example of a gallery displaying images in random order
- a search function has been added to the top menu
- a page for ‘Useful links‘
- links to information on each of the breeds in the ‘HPR Breeds‘ page (this is a work in process)
- the ability to mark News post as ‘Featured’
- secure browsing has been enabled (not on temporary site)
- responsive pages with rows that collapse into a single column when viewed on devices with small screens
- simplified management of the website e.g. changes to contact details or the addition of results only needing to be made in one place, even though these are displayed on multiple pages
- simplified publishing workflow with the ability to password protect posts, and to either save them as drafts or schedule their publishing. Versioning is also available so previous versions can be restored if necessary
- the ability to add approved contributors as ‘Editors’ making it easier to add contributors
If you find any errors or have any suggestions please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.